December contains the shortest day of the year, it also contains the celebration that is supposed to be the happiest. We celebrate in the darkest part of the year, not in spite of it but because it is the dark, gloomy period. To make this work, we have to be conscious in lifting our own spirits. We must make an effort to reach outside of ourselves to lift up our fellow men and women.
Focus Questions for December:
- What is the balance between common sense and impulse in your life?
- What in your life has been contaminated that is now being purified? Look to the religious traditions and stories we celebrate this time of year, and see the new beginning that comes from our past.
- What bit of bright light will you call forth to get through your darkest times?
My Favorite December Affirmations:
- I take a chance on love in every form.
- My integrity is sacrosanct; I keep to my consistent path.
- I answer the call for help.
- Look beyond the external appearance to see the true, real worth.
- I can see all the way to the place where dreams are born.
- Possibilities outweigh shortcomings, always.
- I fight hard for what is right.
- Eccentricity keeps life interesting.
- Truth encourages permanence, for some absolutes do exist.
- I will crusade on behalf of the less fortunate.
- Sometimes the best thing to be is foolishly courageous.
- I zero in on my target with great specificity.
- My curiosity never ends.