In the northern hemisphere, February is the last full month of winter. The darkest days of the year have passed, and we can begin integrating the inner lessons and revelations we learned through our winter retreat. Spring has not emerged yet. We aren’t ready to go out and bloom, but we can ask ourselves some serious questions in preparation. We can seek ways to connect with others, and to share our wisdom with the world.
Take this time of year to expand your vision. Look for ways to find common ground with others. Build the foundation that will allow you to have all the exciting adventures you deserve.
Focus Questions for February
- Why do you want to help other people? Think carefully about your honest intentions for all that you do. Don’t judge yourself on your true motivations, but make sure you know what they are.
- What is the greatest obstacle to your success?
- Do you have a greater fear of being rejected or of not being understood?
My favorite February affirmations:
- Honor the need to go within and feed the soul.
- I am a messenger who will revitalize others and make the world a better place.
- Experimenting helps me figure out the mysteries of life.
- I believe in the power of rainbows.
- Look for the better opportunity when something comes to a close. Greater beauty and higher growth can come from loss.
- I must share what I learn.
- Respect individuality.
- I find hope renewed just when I need it.
- My success in life depends on asking the right questions.
- I seek a diversity of friends, responsibilities and experiences to balance my life and better understand the world.
- We are all human and have human weaknesses. I show compassion to myself and others.
- I am fearless as I move into an uncertain future.
- If we want to have friends, we must first be friends. (Emerson)
- I get along with people from all backgrounds, beliefs and education levels.
- My life is an adventure and I experiment to learn. I take some risks.
- I take every opportunity to share my creative talents and spiritual gifts.